Information Technology has totally changed the complexion of the quality of life today, with so much of innovative research and development projects impacting everyday life. The scale of the achievement comes from the ability to integrate computer technology with communication technology.The department has made rapid strides in promoting excellence in engineering education by relentless pursuit of quality in teaching and training, keeping in mind the utility of students for future assignments in industries.
The department employs modern teaching aids and methodologies helping the students to keep abreast of the latest trends worldwide with updated infrastructure in tune with emerging technologies & future requirements.
The department has been achieving consistently good results. Most of alumni found employment in highly reputed companies in India and abroad and a significantly large number of students have gone for higher studies in India and abroad.
To promote magnificence through technology by means of education, innovation and research and emerge as a world-class Information Technology Department by developing a centre of excellence in this area.To have a strong impact in our targeted areas of research and to attract excellent faculty and students worldwide.
Vision of the institution
Mission of the institution
Programme specific outcomes(PSOs)
- PSO1: Apply the knowledge of networking concepts to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PSO2: Analyze algorithm concepts to create an effective project plan with ethical responsibility.
Programme educational objectives(PEOs)
- PEO1: Professional Career - To train students in creating novel software solutions for the real time problems with ethical values.
- PEO2: Multifaceted aspects - To prepare IT graduates with employability skills and to become entrepreneurs.
- PEO3: Life-long learning - To promote student awareness on research and life-long learning culture.
- PO1: Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The main objective is to encourage the students to excel in latest technologies and making them good technocrats through futuristic plans. We also provide individual attention to inculcate entrepreneurial skills with ethical and social values. With the entire world in the grip of the versatile and vibrant World Wide Web, the science of Information Technology has become the most potent and powerful tool of the future. The Department has the state-of-the -art facilities for various labs, well equipped seminar halls, class rooms to support e-learning and a department library.
- To impact quality education in the field of Information technology.
- To create IT technocrats with technical competence, professional ethics, and holistic approach to meet the challenges in the present day competitive world.
- To provide students with Core Competence in mathematical, scientific and basic engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, analyze and solve hardware/software engineering problems and/or also to pursue advanced study or research.
- Data Structures and Algorithms Lab
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- Operating System Lab
- Database Management System Lab
- Network Lab
- System Software Lab
- Computer Graphics Lab
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design Lab
- Internet Programming Lab
- Network Programming Lab
- Service Oriented Architecture Lab
- Wireless Network Lab
- Open Source Lab
- Java Programming Lab
- Web Technology Lab
- Physics & Chemistry Lab
- Computer Practice Laboratory – I & II
- Circuits and Devices Laboratory
- Communication Skills Laboratory
- Engineering Practices Laboratory