Electronics and communication engineering
Electronics and communication engineering
The Department has fully equipped state-of-the-art laboratories and highly qualified and dedicated faculty with international reputation. The department functions with efficient faculty and well equipped lab facilities. It has conducted many technical symposium and workshops. Extensive laboratory facilities for various labs including VLSI, Communication, Networking, DSP& Signal processing, Microprocessors etc. are available.
Vision of the institution
Mission of the institution
Programme educational objectives(PEOs)
- PEO1 (In-depth Knowledge): Impart the basic knowledge in the field of core engineering along with the required supporting knowledge in mathematics, science, management, computing and engineering fundamentals.
- PEO2 (Employability skills): Enter and succeed in getting engineering positions with core design and manufacturing industries in private or government sectors at the national level and in Multi National organizations.
- PEO3 (Lifelong learning & Entrepreneur): An appreciation of the value of lifelong learning and possessing enthusiasm and strong commitment to continued acquisition of new knowledge and Communicate and work effectively on team-based projects, to become entrepreneur, practice ethics and social responsibility.
Programme specific outcomes(PSOs)
- PSO1: Explore methodologies and new cutting edge technologies in Communication, and use this intellect in their professional envelopment and gain sufficient competence to solve the current and future processing problems.
- PSO2: The understanding of semiconductor technologies and microelectronics, one can analyze and design basic blocks in electronic products.
- PO1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6. The Engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
To establish our department as a premiere center of educational excellence by providing a student-centered learning environment that is committed to changing the destinies of ordinary and disenfranchised persons so they can become extraordinary citizen leaders in their communities and the world.
Our department seeks to educate the whole person, and the great deal of learning takes place outside of the traditional classroom. Student life at our department is defined the mixture and balance of academic rigor, co-curricular and extracurricular pursuits, and service to others.
Dual Trace Oscilloscope 20 MHz(EZ), Dual Trace Oscilloscope 20 MHz(philips & Scienctech), Digital Multimeter, Soldring Iron, Dual Regulated Power Supply (0-30)V/1A, DC Power Supply (0-30)V, High Voltage Power Supply(0-300)V/100mA, Function Generator, AC voltmeter 896(0-15), FET Voltmeter, Voltmeter (0-1), Digital Panel meter (0-2), Voltmeter (0-300), V4 dial (1ohm to 9killoohm, 5 dial (1 ohm to 900killoohm).
CRO – 20 MHz, Function Generator (1 MHz), Power Supply (0 - 30 Volts Variable) ( IC Power supply), Bread Board, AM Transceiver Kit, FM Transceiver Kit, PAM, PPM, PWM Trainer Kits, PCM /DM/ ADM Trainer Kit, Line Coding & Decoding Kit, ASK, PSK, FSK, QPSK Trainer Kits ,Sampling & TDM trainer kit , Mat lab (Communication tool box).
Cisco 1841 10/100 Base T Modular Router W/2 WAN SLOTS, 160 Flash / 32M DRAM, CAB - SS - V.35FC V.35 Cable DCE Female to Smart Serial 10 Feet, WS - C2950 - 24 port 10/100 Auto sensing Auto Negotiating switch, Network Lab Rack, Network Cable Tester, Network crimping tool -nT001T(8p8c/6p6c), G501 RJ45 Cable Cutter, PC - PC Cable 2464(VW - 1), NETGEAR 54Mbps (802.11g) WG311v3 Wireless PCI adapter, CISCO Linksys wireless-G Access point (WI-FI Certified).
8085 Microprocessor, Z-80 Microprocessor, 6089 Motorala, Z-86/88 Microprocessor, Traffic light interface, Traffic Light Controller Board,Accessories - 26 Core, Dual DAC with ADC X temp Measure & control, AD 590 Transducer, Water bath Controller , Universal Screw Termination Board, 8251 x 8253 interface board, 8259 simulator (006) board, 8259 simulator (007) board, 8255 simulator (008) board,DMA interface board, Stepper Motor Interface Card, Stepper Motor Controller.
DSP Starter Kit (TMS 320C5416), Standalone DSP with Built Power Supply, CODEC I/F 320C50/50H -OPT-01, Cross C Compiler for TMS 320C50, 302C50/50H - OPT - 02 Filter Desing Package, Signal Processing Tool Box (software - 5 Licenses), Control System Tool Box (Software - 5 Licenses), ADSP 2181 DSP workstation with on board code and with limited C Compoler(Vikasha Electronics).
Microwave Benches, Accessories for Kits, Oscilloscopes, OFT (Optical Fiber & Digital Comm Trainer), FOPS101(850nm-Light Source),DR system Microwave Trainer kit, Optical Power Source, Advanced fiber optic communication trainer Laser Trainer kit, PIN Diode, LED module.
XILINX ISE Foundation V6.3i VLSI software, Hard Ware: Xilinx Spartan II 100K Gate Density FPGA, XILINX FPGA Demo Board: Xilinix Spartan IIE FPGA development Kit, C Cross compiler of 8051/89C51, TMS320C5416 DSK with CCS, XILINX Spartan 500E Trainer kit(VVSM-06) , Universal embedded trainer kit, DSPIC-30F4011 Processor board, ARM Processor board.
Lees’ disc apparatus,Air Wedge apparatus,Spectrometer, Diode laser or He-Ne laser,Ultrasonic interferometer, B-H Curve traces apparatus ,Torsional Pendulum apparatus,Non-uniform Bending apparatus, Viscosity apparatus, Band gap apparatus/ Post office ,Carey Foster Bridge.
Electronic balance, pH meter,Conductivity bridge, Potentiometer, Platinum electrodes,Calomel electrodes, Spectrophotometer, Flame photometer,Oswald viscometer, Glassware.
0-30V RPS, 0-50V RPS ,0-5V RPS , 0-30V Voltmeter, 0-10V Voltmeter, 0-50V Voltmeter, 0-1V Voltmeter, 0-30mA Ammeter, 0-100mA AC Amplifier, Audio Oscillator,CRO (30 MHZ) ,Diodes, Zener Diodes,Transistors (PNP & NPN) ,UJT,SCR,JFET ,MOSFET , DIAC & TRIAC, Photodiode, Photo Transistor,Required passive components,Variable Resistor.
PIV system,1 GB RAM / 40 GB HDD,OS: Win 2000 server,Audio card with headphones (with mike),JRE 1.3,Interactive Teacher Control Software ,English Language Lab Software, Career Lab software, Handicam Video Camera (with video lightsand mic input),Television – 29, Collar mike, Cordless mikes, Audio Mixer, DVD Recorder / Player, LCD Projector with MP3 /CD /DVD provision for audio / video facility.
LAN system with 33 nodes,Printer,Operating System(Windows /Unix Clone),C compiler, Application package (Office suite).
Civil - Assorted components for plumbing, Carpentry vice consisting of metallic pipes, plastic pipes, flexible pipes, couplings, unions,elbows, plugs and other fittings, Standard woodworking tools, Models of industrial trusses, door joints,furniture joints, Power Tools like Rotary Hammer, Demolition Hammer, Circular Saw, Planer, Hand Drilling Machine, Jigsaw.
Electronics - Soldering guns, Multi Meters,Small PCBs ,Assorted electronic components for making circuits, Telephone, FM radio, low-voltage power supply.
Mechanical - Arc welding transformer with cables and holders, Welding booth with exhaust facility, Welding accessories like welding shield,chipping hammer, wire brush Oxygen and acetylene gas cylinders,blow pipe and other welding outfit, Centre lathe,Hearth furnace, anvil and smithy tools, Moulding table, foundry tools, Power Tool Angle Grinder, centrifugal pump, air-conditioner.
Electrical - Assorted electrical components for house wiring, Electrical measuring instruments, Megger,Iron box, fan and regulator, emergency lamp,Range Finder,Digital Live-wire detector.