Computer science and engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
The department functions with efficient faculty and well equipped lab facilities. It has conducted many technical symposium and workshops. Extensive laboratory facilities for various labs are available. The teaching and research activities are supported by a team of Dean, Professor, Assistant Professors and Lecturers who provide high standards of teaching and learning and who are well qualified and experienced in their fields of study. The Department is well structured and built with spacious and well ventilated class rooms.
Vision of the institution
Mission of the institution
Programme specific outcomes(PSOs)
- PSO1: Analyze and select appropriate techniques to tackle and solve problems in the discipline of information security management.
- PSO2: Develop innovative projects with research ability in the field of IT sectors as well as other related industries like Web designing, Telecommunication industry, Multimedia and Database management.
Programme educational objectives(PEOs)
- Program educational objectives are broad statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments that the programme is preparing graduates to achieve.
- PEO1 (Fundamental Concepts): Promote graduates with the knowledge of fundamentals and applied aspects of Mathematics, Science and Engineering.
- PEO2 (Application Development): Educate graduates with excellent logical thinking & programming skills to enable graduates to design, develop system and application level software within realistic constraints.
- PEO3 (Leadership and Communication skills): Formulate and encourage graduates with leadership quality, effective communication skills and apply their knowledge in innovative project development and research activities.
- [PO1] Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- [PO2] Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- [PO3] Design / Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- [PO4] Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- [PO5] Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- [PO6] The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- [PO7] Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- [PO8] Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- [PO9] Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- [PO10] Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- [PO11] Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- [PO12] Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
M.E. COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Programme educational objectives(PEOs)
- PEO1: Apply the necessary mathematical tools and fundamental & advanced knowledge of Computer Science & Engineering.
- PEO2: Develop computer/software/network systems understanding the importance of social, business, technical, environmental, and human context in which the systems would work.
- PEO3: Articulate fundamental concepts, design underpinnings of computer/software/network systems, and research findings to train professionals or to educate engineering students.
- PEO4: Contribute effectively as a team member/leader, using common tools and environment, in computer science and engineering projects, research, or education.
- PEO5: Pursue life-long learning and research in selected fields of computer science & engineering and contribute to the growth of those fields and society at large.
- PO1: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the conceptualization of engineering models.
- PO2: Identify, formulate, research literature and solve complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- PO7: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO8: Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice.
- PO9: Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- PO10: Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PO11: Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of management and business practices, such as risk and change management, and understand their limitations.
- PO12: Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning.
- To imbibe puzzling technical skills in an apple pie order.
- To exemplify up to date Engineering skills to reap a harvest of professional capability with an uncanny sense of optimism.
- To nurture talent & entrepreneurship and enable all round personality development in students
- To excel through total commitment and continuous improvement to realize our quality objectives.
- Data Structures Lab
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- Operating System Lab
- Database Management System Lab
- Network Lab
- System Software Lab
- Computer Graphics Lab
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design Lab
- Internet Programming Lab
- Open Source Lab
- Java Programming Lab
- Web Technology Lab
- Physics & Chemistry Lab
- Computer Practice Laboratory – I & II
- Circuits and Devices Laboratory
- Communication Skills Laboratory
- Engineering Practices Laboratory