The department aims to enrich the knowledge of students in both theory and practice with a team of highly qualified faculty with rich experience in the diversified streams of Civil Engineering. The department of Civil Engineering is equipped with state-of-the-art laboratory facilities having advanced equipments and machineries operated by experienced technicians.
Civil Engineering is a prominent which deals with buildings, bridges, roads, flyovers, railways, water supply, sanitary, development of townships and other infrastructural development. Due to liberalization policy of the government, many infrastructure projects like golden quadrilateral, National highway constructions and transport sector development are the need of the hour.
Many multi nationals are engaged in the infrastructure developmental activities. The job opportunities are in civil engineering fields and software companies. Analytical and logical abilities and liking for the profession are the essential requirements. Subjects on concrete technology, transport engineering, water supply and sanitary engineering, geotechnical engineering, fluid mechanics and machinery, structural mechanics, hydrology and water resources, irrigation engineering are studied in this course.
Vision of the institution
Mission of the institution
- The knowledge and skills required for a wide range of careers and graduate study.
- To provide service to the profession in our region and beyond.
- To maintain a supportive environment that encourages our students and faculty to achieve.
- An ability to function effectively in interdisciplinary teams and to communicate effectively through speaking and writing.
- To provide students with the fundamental technical knowledge and skills in mathematics, science and engineering to recognize and solve problems in the areas of structural design, geo-technical and environmental engineering.
- To provide students with the necessary skills and practical experience to fulfill their professional duties and responsibilities in teamwork, ethics, technical leadership, business acumen and lifelong learning.
- To make the students be in a position to practice professionally in various positions in industry or government and succeed in graduate or other professional schools.
- To mould the students to become future engineers, scientists, researchers, and innovators and make substantial contributions to the society of civil engineers.
- To prepare the students to be successful engineers or managers meeting the global industrial requirements.
- To make the students put constant efforts to improve the living quality of all walks of life by solving wide range of problems.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects.
- To train students in designing of safe, economical civil engineering structures with excellent quality.
- To promote student awareness of the life-long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.
- Highly Qualified Faculty Team.
Lees disc apparatus, Air Wedge apparatus, Spectrometer, Diode laser or He-Ne laser, Ultrasonic interferometer, B-H Curve traces apparatus, Torsional Pendulum apparatus, Non-uniform Bending apparatus, Viscosity apparatus, Band gap apparatus/ Post office, Carey Foster Bridge.
Electronic balance, pH meter,Conductivity bridge, Potentiometer, Platinum electrodes,Calomel electrodes, Spectrophotometer, Flame photometer,Oswald viscometer, Glassware.
PIV system,1 GB RAM / 40 GB HDD,OS: Win 2000 server,Audio card with headphones (with mike),JRE 1.3,Interactive Teacher Control Software ,English Language Lab Software, Career Lab software, Handicam Video Camera (with video lightsand mic input),Television – 29, Collar mike, Cordless mikes, Audio Mixer, DVD Recorder / Player, LCD Projector with MP3 /CD /DVD provision for audio / video facility.
LAN system with 33 nodes,Printer,Operating System(Windows /Unix Clone),C compiler, Application package (Office suite).
Civil - Assorted components for plumbing, Carpentry vice consisting of metallic pipes, plastic pipes, flexible pipes, couplings, unions,elbows, plugs and other fittings, Standard woodworking tools, Models of industrial trusses, door joints,furniture joints, Power Tools like Rotary Hammer, Demolition Hammer, Circular Saw, Planer, Hand Drilling Machine, Jigsaw.
Electronics - Soldering guns, Multi Meters,Small PCBs ,Assorted electronic components for making circuits, Telephone, FM radio, low-voltage power supply.
Mechanical - Arc welding transformer with cables and holders, Welding booth with exhaust facility, Welding accessories like welding shield,chipping hammer, wire brush Oxygen and acetylene gas cylinders,blow pipe and other welding outfit, Centre lathe,Hearth furnace, anvil and smithy tools, Moulding table, foundry tools, Power Tool Angle Grinder, centrifugal pump, air-conditioner.
Electrical - Assorted electrical components for house wiring, Electrical measuring instruments, Megger,Iron box, fan and regulator, emergency lamp,Range Finder,Digital Live-wire detector.
Renowned companies like L & T, Gammon India Ltd., Simplex, Leighton International etc., recruit civil engineers for planning, designing and executing their projects in U.S., U.K., Australia, Dubai and many more developed countries. Civil engineers will always be needed to maintain and repair existing facilities and structures and to construct new ones. Even I.T. companies like Wipro, TCS, etc require civil engineers for maintenance purposes.
Viewing Civil Engineering prospects with a different perspective, one can indulge in research activities and teaching as well. A Civil engineer of good caliber can even open his own independent consultancy services. It is one of the branches of engineering which supports self-employment.
In a nutshell, the discipline of Civil engineering is expected to unfold into a dynamic and multi-faceted industry, ruled by innovations and opportunities.